Monday, April 2, 2018

Post 3 - Hands On!







Before training on site with the horses and their riders, volunteers watch videos which show the process. One hint reminded all workers that a horse has eyes on the side of its head. Therefore, a helper should always keep a hand on the horse during grooming so the animal will know where you are. A startled animal might kick or move its hoof to the top of your foot. Important tip to remember for a person anxious around horses. On my first day at the center, I did keep my hand on the horse at all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting this blogsite. I hope you'll enjoy learning this year with me.

November rides

This October and November have been one of the rainiest times in Texas history.  This presents a challenge to the barn buddies and the peopl...