Monday, April 9, 2018

Post 5 - Weather delays


There is a saying that if you don’t like the weather in Texas, wait 5 minutes and it will change. To protect the guests, volunteers, and horses, the facility has the following policy. No classes will be held in cases of:

§  Extreme cold – temperature below 35 with wind-chill factor

§  Hazardous road conditions

§  Extreme heat – temperature above 110 with heat index factor

§  Tornado warnings, severe thunderstorms, visible lightning or hailstorms.

Even though I started posting my blog in March, I started my journey as an early morning volunteer in January—and never went to an official training or observation class that month because of the weather. Our January was cold. We did not have the snows that blanketed many other parts of the country, but we were cold, so I watched more videos and tried to learn what I could before my first horse encounter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting this blogsite. I hope you'll enjoy learning this year with me.

November rides

This October and November have been one of the rainiest times in Texas history.  This presents a challenge to the barn buddies and the peopl...